Monday, July 12, 2010

Kansas!





This is Luke. We are still in KS. On the 4th of July it rained 4 inches. It rained so much that a ditch across the street from my Grandpa's house began to flood. My cousin Alex and I took Grandpa's kayak and got to paddle up and down the ditch. It was even more fun than lighting fire crackers. Before we went kayaking we biked down Mt. Hesston. (The hill that was made after the tornado in 1990 with dirt from all the new basements that were dug) We rode straight into the ditch full of water! It was so much fun.
Last week we also went to the KS Cosmosphere. There was so much to see. I've attached a picture of me in the capsule used by the crew of the actual Apollo 13. There were two actual pieces of the Berlin Wall, lots of information about rockets, Werner Von Braun, the space race between America and the USSR and lots of other stuff including a SR-71.
Last night we went to a pig roast and I got to go on an actual hay rack ride pulled by a real Hesston tractor driven by a real Kansas farmer. Once we hit a hole and I flew off the hay bale about 6 inches. Who knew you could "catch air" on a hay rack ride?? Go figure. I'm including a picture of the scenery from our ride.
Well, that's it for now.
L.M.A.---OUT!

1 comment:

  1. Tess & Luke,
    Thanks for the interesting updates. Great pics.

    ReplyDelete